About Road to Teaching
Dr. Hougan is passionate about researching ways to support classroom teachers, specifically through teacher feedback and technology.
- Assistant professor in teacher education at Central Washington University
- Earned Ph.D. from University of Washington
- National Board Certified Teacher
- Phi Delta Kappa (PDK) Emerging Leader
- Author of Road to Teaching: A Guide to Teacher Training, Student Teaching, and Finding a Job.
Road to Teaching - the website - is dedicated to supporting current and aspiring teachers through an education blog, the web’s largest collection of teacher interview questions, education resources, advice on student teacher topics, finding a teaching job, and much more!
Maximize your teacher training, excel at student teaching, and find your ideal teaching job. This best-selling, highly rated book gives beginning teachers and job seekers a wide variety of valuable strategies and expert advice, allowing for a smooth transition from student teacher to exemplary teacher. Use Road to Teaching as a tool to navigate the unique stages of becoming an educator and helping you standout in today's competitive job market.