Teacher Interview Question: Describe an Extraordinary Teacher
This is a very personal interview question, as it touches on your beliefs and education philosophy. Consider how an outstanding teacher touched your life.
- How did that teacher positively affect your life?
- What qualities or traits did this teacher have that you would want to emulate as a beginning teacher (e.g., created engaging lessons, infused humor into the classroom)?
- How did that teacher manage their classroom?
- How did that teacher build trusting and respectful relationships with the students?
- Did this teacher believe in you more than you believed in yourself?
By answering these questions, you will develop a meaningful answer to this question.